...Just like that! He tells us to stare at the toilet bowel for ten minutes and then says to write about our insights and experiences. This has been the most interesting and the strangest class I've taken in my life. I love it. The only worry I have with this assignment is my parents, my dad in particular, walking by and seeing me while I stare at a piece of food floating around it the toilet. I would never hear the end of it. >.<(a) At one of your meals, preferably dinner, before you begin to eat, simply stop, be still and observe what is on your plate for five minutes. Observe it closely, in detail, with an open mind. After that, proceed to eat but without utensils. Don’t use any piece of technology. Use your hands. Be aware of your food as precisely as you can. Identify with it and follow its journey.
[We’re inserting a gap here in our ordinary eating rituals and we’re tearing open the cocoon of technological distance that we inhabit.]
(b) After your meal, go directly to the bathroom. Observe the toilet bowl for ten minutes with an open mind. See what you can see. Then, drop a piece of food from your meal into the toilet. Observe it a moment, then flush.
Now, write a report of your experiences and insights.
Two pages seems about right.
But then, this isn't due until after I come back from California, and it'll just be Mom and me down there. Mom, I really don't have any issues with, if I explain the assignment ahead of time. Dad... if I told him ahead of time, he would be watching me, just waiting for me to start on this assignment so he could tease me (in a nice, loving way, of course). :P Perhaps I'll take care of this assignment down there.
:)
Dreamer
No comments:
Post a Comment