Saturday, March 15, 2008

Back!

California was a blast. Got to see an old friend. Pretty much the only thing we did was eat and walk the dogs. I have absolutely no complaints however, as they were both really, really fun, strange as that may sound. :)

Also! I got my first In-n-Out hamburger in almost two years. Hallelujah. Every person should make at least one trip to Southern California, if only for an In-n-Out hamburger. There be no better, I assure you.

Got a camera the day before we left to come back, so I don't really have many pictures. What few I do were mainly taken from behind a window, or from the plane. Not so sure any of them will turn out, but it was fun being one of those annoying, clicky tourists. Especially because I used to live around there, once upon a time.

Not too much had changed, which is surprising. Here, things are rarely the same as they were a month ago. In two years, it might look like a foreign country, compared to what it was two years prior.

S. CA still requires you speak Spanish if you want something. Almost everyone down there who works with people has a little thing under their name tag saying 'Yo Hablo Espanol'. After four days, I'm beginning to wonder if they shouldn't change that to 'I speak English'.

Oh, and I might be taking a trip to Beijing in the future. Wayne, a business man down there, was already making plans for it before I reminded him that it takes money to get to Beijing, and I didn't have any. So he told me to make a plan to get some. I told him that it would take a while to save enough for two tickets: Mom and mine. He said that if we paid for the tickets, he would pay for the rest. Hotel, food, everything.

So it looks like I might be going to China!

...But not for another few years. ;)


Next quarter:
  • Psychology
  • Creative Writing
  • World History
This next one is going to be my funnest quarter yet, I think. All of those subjects rock. ^.^ Can't wait.

No comments:

You...

Google Talk

Until DDNR is back, that is...